Five Quotes That Inspire and Motivate Me
While practicing positive thinking this morning, my thoughts wandered next door to my neighbor’s handmade sailboat. He gets this thing out a lot during the summer. The first time I saw it parked on the curb I thought it was just a pile of plastic. It wasn’t until I saw him load it into the back of his truck with the mast upright that I realized what a beauty it was!
I snapped this picture a couple of days ago, right before he stowed it away somewhere for the winter. I loved seeing it on the street like this, with the wind in its sail , swimming against the changing seasons. Looking at it like this felt like a suspension of time, somewhere between the memory of a short, sweet summer and the colorful present.
This little sailboat reminds me that wherever there’s a will, there’s a way. It makes me smile.
My life is currently in the midst of transition. I’m planning on leaving my job, moving into a van and although I have goals and ideas for what I want the next few months and years to look like, I really have no idea what’s going to happen. I suppose none of us do, right?
Here are five quotes that continue to inspire and motivate me to set sail and follow my dreams with as much positive force as I can muster!
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
Life is a storybook adventure daring, interesting and rewarding. Sometimes, I just need to take a moment to remind myself that I am the captain of my adventure and my course is set by me.
- If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles. – Wayne Dyer
Choose wisely: thoughts become things! I have been spending more time setting positive intentions for my future and I think it’s working! Life is as much a manifestation of our thoughts, as we are what we eat. Let’s nourish ourselves!
- Every day is a good day. Your every-day mind – that is the Way! – Unmon, Japan
Change enough of the little pictures and you’ll find you’ve changed the big picture.
- One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple. – Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
Writing doesn’t come easy for me. I spend way too much time over thinking each sentence, re-writing and re-writing. But with practice and exercise this has to change, right?
- Don’t get depressed by your decision, you’ll never stop doubting it. Don’t expect much enthusiasm from people. Not very many people are going to support a homeless/jobless plan. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it and enjoy it. – Allison
There are days that I worry what other people think of my decisions and I let my fears of failure get to me. My sister is wise beyond her years and her words of encouragement often strike to the heart of the matter and make the most difference. I love her so much.
I’m going for it and enjoying it! XO